Workshop "Career Choices"
|Beginn||08.09.2022, 09:00 Uhr|
|Teilnehmende||6 - 12|
Designing a career based on strengths and values.
Academia, business and industry, the public sector or setting up one’s own business: This workshop offers guidance and space for reflection to help participants decide on the next step in their career after the completion of their PhD or the first postdoc phase. Designing a career that suits one’s personal strengths and values is an art that can be learned. During the workshop participants will assess their individual transferable skills as well as reflect on the values that – often unconsciously – guide their career decisions. By thinking about these skills and values explicitly, participants will be able to make more informed and systematic career steps. By means of classical career development tools (i.e., success stories by Richard N. Bolles) as well as methods from „Design Thinking“, participants will also learn how to create new career plans, explore new occupational areas and keep moving forward with clarity and ease.
At the end of the workshop the participants...
- are aware of current trends of the job market.
- know their personal values so that they can align their career decisions with their “inner compass”.
- know their transferable skills and are able to communicate them clearly.
- have created three different career plans and have identified concrete next steps in their careers.
- feel confident to follow up on these steps and move forward in their careers.
Scientists and teaching staff
- Access information to the course will be announced via e-mail.
- CAU-Certificates: Leadership (further information in German)
- Fee: 375,00 €. Free for employees of CAU
- Deadline for registration: 2nd of September 2022.